Thursday, June 02, 2005

I just noticed what today is...

Today is the 25th anniversary of the day that my first serious boyfriend was killed. He was such a great person, and I was as desparately in love as a 15-year-old girl can be. A speeding car ran a red light and hit Joe, who was on his motorcycle. He was dragged about 100 feet. The helmet just made it possible for him to have an open casket. Rest in peace, Joe. I still think about you every year on this day and wonder what might have been.

4 Comments:

Blogger ariadneK, Ph.D. said...

I sincerely wish you peace.

6/03/2005 1:07 AM  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

Thanks. I made peace with this part of my life a long time ago. First love, first loss. It took me a long time to get over it, and I think I'll always remember him, and the girl that I was then.

6/03/2005 12:28 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

You know, we all think we loose that part of us that was then. I know that feeling so very well. But some how I still like to think they remain within us. That part can split off from the soul but often wants to come home. We just need to nurture that part and let them know that we will not abandon them. Just a thought. I bet she is still there!

6/03/2005 4:15 PM  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

Sometimes when I look in the mirror, I'm amazed to see a 40-ish year-old woman looking back at me. In my mind's eye, I'm still young and beautiful, so the aging woman in the mirror is a stranger to me.

6/03/2005 11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home