Friday, May 13, 2005

I don't know how much more I can take

Well, the only good thing that happened yesterday was that I found out that my son doesn't have to go to summer school - that's a relief. But he does need a root canal, which will cost $1006 that I don't have. The dentist has a finance plan with no interest, so that's not too terrible, but it means I'll miss yet another day of work. And last night my husband had a car accident - he's okay, but his car needs some work. Since he rear-ended the other car, it will appear that it was his fault, so now we may be in danger of losing our auto insurance. I just don't know how much more I can take. My husband tried to tell me that God never gives you more than you can handle - that's a joke. Yesterday was way more than I could handle. I took way too much Xanax, an extra mood stabilizer and 3 benadryls, just so I could pass out and avoid life for a few hours of sleep. And sleep I did, finally. I think I was out by 9:30 and slept til 7:15. I got up briefly at 6:30 to wake up my son and put the big dog out, but the lure of the comfy warm bed was just too strong, so I deliberately went back to bed to oversleep, knowing I would be late for work. No big deal, as everybody I work with comes in late. I sure hope today is better than yesterday was - I don't know how much more I can take.

2 Comments:

Blogger ariadneK, Ph.D. said...

It sounds like you need a MAJOR break, I'm sorry you're having to deal with so much shit right now. If you're ever in my neck of the woods, give a shout, and I'll take you out for a tall cool drink and lot's o' fun to cheer you up! :-)

5/13/2005 6:32 PM  
Blogger LosingSanity said...

Thanks - if I ever make it up there, you can bet on hearing from me! I don't usually drink much, but I could sure one about now. I am *so* looking forward to Memorial Day weekend - 4 days off in a row, and the only thing I *have* to do is drive out to the country to see my sweetie. I suppose I could use some of the time to clean house or something, but I'm just going to veg instead.

5/13/2005 6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home