Friday, April 29, 2005

Soooo busy

Sorry for no updates this week....been terribly busy. Working late, sick kid, new computer game, etc. My husband showed up at home unexpectedly, too, which was nice. It was just for overnight, but a very nice surprise. Our son is really sick. He was on his last day of antibiotics last Friday when he started running a fever again, and by Tuesday, he had this horrible "chunky" sounding cough that you could hear all over the house. The doctor says its just bronchitis and gave him a different antibiotic. Well, with all the antibiotics, the poor kid has now got the runs, and spends most of his time on the can. He's home from school again today - I think rest is what he needs most.

Last time hubby was home for the weekend, he bought me the new University expansion pack for the Sims 2, so I've been neglecting my housework and pretty much anything that will stand for being neglected, playing this game. I love The Sims. Sometimes I'll create a new Sim who looks like whoever pissed me off that day, and then just torture the poor thing. So I've been torturing "co-workers" all week and learning how to get other Sims to graduate from University.

This weekend we have a big party to go to - my grandfather's 90th birthday. He's so excited about it. It will be such a nice time, I'm sure. My aunt is a great party giver, so I am sure it will be great fun. It's nice to have something to look forward to for a change.

I've been depressed off and on, which is probably what's kept me from posting, but there was one bright spot this week. We've been looking for an apartment for hubby so he has a place to stay while he's out of town working, but just could not fit a whole new household into the budget. One of his co-workers has offered to let him stay with her (she's an old lady, so I'm not worried at all ;-)). I've been praying for some way that he could keep this out-of-town job and this offer just dropped in out of the blue. It's so sweet of her to offer. She doesn't even want to take any money, but we are going to insist - it's only fair. So now we will be able to save up enough money to move when the time comes, which should make our separation shorter. I feel better about things than I have for such a long time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home