Friday, March 18, 2005

More trouble...will this never end?

I need two rants in one day? That's no bueno. The handyman I had scheduled to do about 20 odd jobs tomorrow has the flu - he can't come til next Saturday. In the meantime, my German Shepherd has to say in a 10x16 foot kennel until he gets here to fix the gate, among other things. I have five ceiling fans waiting to be installed, drywall repairs, a toilet repair, carpentry, etc. I really need this guy out here. But I guess he really didn't want to catch the flu, so I decided to let him keep the jobs instead of me calling somebody else. He seems to be a small time entreprenuer, and I'm all about supporting small business - I hope to own one some day.

Oh well, since the handyman's not coming, I decided to take a little Xanax holiday tonight. Let's just say I exceeded the prescribed dosage by a factor of too many. It's getting really hard to type and not make mistakes. Soon it will be off to bed, where near instant sleep awaits me.

1 Comments:

Blogger ariadneK, Ph.D. said...

:-) I love the candor of your writing, really!

Yeah, owning a business would be nice...I've thought about that myself. I have also spent time thinking about getting work outside of science, but that might be only a dream (I'm not trained to do a damn thing other than that, and there's no way I could make a living as an artist...mainly because I enjoy it but it is NOT good stuff to other people...ha!).

Take care,
ariK

3/20/2005 11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home